Dienstag, Oktober 25, 2005

Din with Don!

Rain, rain and more rain. Wet streets and paths adorn my view. It could almost be scene from a Hitchcock movie, but alas it isn't. I and twenty other grad students from physics had the honour of having dinner with none other than the man who moved atoms. I am refering to this year's Bethe lecturer Don Eigler. By some stroke of luck I was seated right next to him and it was amusing to observe a person of whom one has heard the name to see so close in flesh. A very inspiring and motivating character, a true scientist and a child, a Peter Lustig.

That reminds me! Yesterday night, while grading I visited the Loewenzahn webpage. I watched the very first episode of Loewenzahn which was made in 1980. I found the reason why he lives in his 'Wohnwagen'. Na endlich! Heute kommt ja sowieso nichts. Also abschalten!